Saturday, March 17, 2018

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I did get my St. Patrick's Day cards made before the holiday, and mailed, but they won't be arriving on time. Fortunately, my family doesn't have high expectations, LOL. I found this design on Pinterest. An easy way to make a shamrock is to put several heart shapes together.


Almost everything on this card is retired. I've been wanting to do something with the All About the Golds Fundamentals overlay sheets from the clearance sale. I ended up using the Limeade Washi Tape also on clearance. The heart stamp is from Family is Forever, S1409. This set works with our Artiste Cricut Collection. Maybe next year I will try the same design with the heart from the Artbooking Collection. To make the green shamrock I went to Cricut Design Space, enlarged the heart shape and welded four together. The colors on the card are Topiary and Pear.

Here's a version with a stamped border. The sentiment is from the Sending Smiles stamp set, part of the Flower Market Cricut Collection.


The overlays have a film on the back (silver) side. I removed it after I cut the piece. I don't know that it would matter if you took it off first. I believe is is there for manufacturing purposes. The gold is actually on the front (gold) side. If you have trouble grabbing the plastic, use your paper piercer. I cut the overlay with my Fiskars Paper Trimmer.


I cut the front of my card base 1.5" from the top fold, and another 1.5" from the bottom. The overlay piece is 2" x 5.5". I attached the overlay piece to the bottom card base piece first. That made it easy to line up this piece on three sides with the card base when attaching to the front.

Here's how the front of the card looks on the inside. You could cover the seam with B&T, washi, ribbon, etc. I like the see-thru affect so I didn't cover them.

When I design or adapt a card design, I often try different variations trying to get everything "just right." I made six cards and there are four different designs. Which one do you like the best?


The green on the other cards is current: Willow Exclusive Inks and cardstock, the Willow watercolor wash paper is from Adventure Fundamental Paper Pack. I used the Thin Cuts - Scallop Border instead of the washi tape. This month we are having a sale on Thin Cuts including many retired sets.

Congratulations to the giveway winner...Linda!!


No comments: