Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wedding Projects #1

Our oldest son married his high school sweetheart last month. My next several posts will be the items I made for the wedding.

 THE INVITATION
The monogram for the belly band was cut, then printed and finally stamped. That was probably not the easiest way to do it, but I was conserving paper! ;-)
You may not be able to tell, but the printing is in Outdoor Denim! 
Yes, you can tell your printer to match CTMH colors!! (Ask me how.)

Colors are:  SorbetOutdoor Denim and Colonial White
The invitations were mailed in our 5x7 Colonial White envelopes.

The paper pack is Claire. It is retired but I had quite a bit left. Turns out it wasn't enough though. Much thanks to all of my fellow consultants who were willing to give up packs from their stash!!  (One of the many reasons I love this company!) For the scrapbook, I'll be using Studio J. Did you know there are YEARS of retired paper on Studio J?  Currently there are 125 kit options. And, next month (November 2014) the Constant Campaign is a Studio J special!!

Here's the inside. I printed the invitation and enclosures at home on Colonial White
then stamped the images in Outdoor Denim ink. I also edged the top enclosure in Sorbet.
Stamp Set:  Hello Tweety (retired)
The film strip on the left was cut using the Cricut Artbooking Collection.
Now, does anyone have any ideas for all of these leftover pieces?

Quite the production!

Next:  Rehearsal Dinner Invitation...


3 comments:

JenO said...

I want to know how to make my printer match colors! Er...wait. It probably has to be a color printer, huh?

The Scrap Buzz said...

Yes, a color printer is required... Although I did spend a significant amount of time once contemplating how to print in white ink (on black paper).

Lalia Harris said...

Your invites are amazing. I loved that stamp set in the catalog but never had luck with it. Your creation is amazing.