Thursday, May 11, 2017

An Original...Believe It, Or Not!


A rare occasion when I actually designed a card!! This is the new Prickly Pear paper from Expressions #2. I used the Fiesta Time stamp set which I won at the Seattle Product Launch for CTMH Consultants in March. The ink colors are Emerald and Tangerine.

Here's how I made the Papel Picado Banner...

First, I stamped the image on a scrap piece of White Daisy Cardstock. I picked the image that was the easiest to cut out.


Then I folded the paper along the top of the image, with the image on the outside of the fold.

Finally, I cut the folded piece on three sides. I used a single strand of the Blue Burlap Ribbon to string the pennants. Did you know it could be separated??


I applied Tombow adhesive, a solid piece of double sided tape, to the fold and bottom edge, then glued the pennants closed onto the ribbon string. I always apply adhesive on the smooth side of my All Purpose Mat. It cleans off easily and keeps my desk pad from getting sticky!


The card design is from Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 #20. I embellished the card with Prickly Pear sequins.

No comments: