Saturday, May 15, 2021

Just Distress Oxide it! - CTMH Technique Blog Hop


 Welcome to the May 2021 Technique Blog Hop!  If you get lost, or find a broken link, you can get the list of participants on Melissa's page.  You may have arrived from Brandi's page. Complete the hop by following the links from blog to blog so you don't miss any of the artwork.


FYI I am storing my Distress Oxide inks in a My Acrylix Mini Stamp Organizer. There is room for my blending tools too! The foam circles are on a piece of velcro inside a cabinet. Some people put them on the underside of the organizer lid.


I selected three bright colors and blended them to get five colors. After my first test sample I wasn't sure how many more attempts I would need, so I used a 5.5" x 12" piece of White Daisy Cardstock. That gave me at least two card fronts plus extra for mistakes or testing.


After applying and blending the ink on the cardstock, I sprayed it with a little water to get some oxide areas. I made sure my piece was dry, then ran it through my CTMH machine with the Celebrate Embossing Folder


Finally, I sanded the raised areas to pop the white cardstock words.

I feel like I need to embellish my card, but there isn’t really room. Shimmer brush maybe?? I tried some black splatters on one sample, but I didn’t like it. Bitty sparkles?? Leave me your suggestions in the comments!

Your next stop is to visit is Lauren.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

This card is just so fun! So bright and cheerful- I love it!

Haley D. said...

Such pretty blending!

Brandi said...

Very pretty card, I need to practice my blending so tha5 I can get better at it!

Michelle said...

What a fun and cheerful card! I like the bright colors!

Judy Dahlgren said...

What a great idea! love it and another technique to try!

Cat Nowak said...

Love your card! What a great idea!

Melissa Robinson said...

I LOVE the resulting look of the sanding; WOW! I didn't even consider doing something like that. Your colors are gorgeous, too!