Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Stunning Stencils - CTMH Technique Blog Hop


 Whether you arrived from CatScrapbooking or just stumbled upon us, WELCOME to TheScrapBuzz blog and this month's Technique Hop. We are using stencils for February; there are several new ones in the Core Catalog.  Follow the links to hop from blog to blog for techniques, tips, and artwork!
 
If you get lost, find broken links or have other issues, you can find a list of all this month's participants on Melissa's page. We have over a dozen CTMH Makers participating this time!  Be sure you are commenting so they know you appreciate their efforts and continue to share their projects!

I spend several days of quality time with one of three new Card Front Stencils, Pack #3.


Did you see this post on the Make It From Your Heart blog? I was having trouble with the diagonal stencil until I watched this video from that post. One thing I'll suggest is when you are sponging with our Exclusive Inks, is to use the corners of the stamp pad.  We usually ink stamps in the middle of the pad. Whenever I use small stamps, or sponges, I try to use the corners. As you'll see in Karen's video, press the sponge into the pad to absorb in, then pounce the sponge when the stencil wants to "wiggle."

I made my own background paper with the diagonal lines then featured it with Pattern #18, from Volume #4 of Make It From Your Heart.


In between the lines, I stamped the little bee from the Sweet As Honey - Cardmaking stamp set.  


If, after completing this hop, you can decide which stencils to add to your crafting arsenal, ask your maker about bundles and how you can get them half-price. If you don't have a Maker, I would be happy to assist you!

After you leave a comment, hop over to see what Wendy has created this time. Thank you for stopping by!

Products Used:
Cardstock:  Black, Shortbread, Sundance, Mink
Exclusive Inks: Black, Sundance
Sweet as Honey paper pack





9 comments:

Haley D. said...

Your stenciled and stamped paper looks like it came straight from the factory instead of being hand stamped! Soooo pretty!

Terry Metzger said...

I really like how you stenciled your background. Beautiful card.

Cat Nowak said...

Fantastic background you created! I love the bees in the plaid!! Beautiful!

Dannii @ Scrappychicks said...

What a fun background. Love it.

DanyellScraps said...

I love making my own pattern paper! You've inspired me to add this stencil pack to my collectio and put your tips into play! Great Card!

Katy said...

I really like what you did with these stencils...it's PERFECT for this card!

Wendy K. said...

Such a nice background for your card and I love how you used the stitched frame thin cuts.

Maz said...

Love this idea, such a fun way to create a unique background

Lauren said...

Wow, your background looks so professional! I love the finished card.