Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Create - I dare you!

There's this thing that I've seen for years, loved, and never participated in.  It's called the Color My Heart Color Dare. A color palette is posted, and you are challenged to create artwork using these colors.  The "theme" runs for about two weeks, but they overlap so there are new winners every week.  You can follow the blog or Facebook page; it's a great source of ideas!


Today the stars aligned, and I remembered to check the theme before creating my March Masking Madness post. For Challenge #539, I used the colors in the first column:  Flamingo, Honey Butter, and Wisteria to create a fun spring card with two stamp sets:  Floral Sentiments and Spring Greetings.  Both are on sale as part of this month's Stamptacular sale.  Don't miss out, this special is more than halfway over and some Thin Cut sets have already sold out!

In addition to using the ink pads of the three colors, I also used a mat of Wisteria cardstock. And here's a bonus Tip for Tuesday, stamping in second (or third) generation gives you a lighter color and even more versatility.  If you are new to stamping, I suggest starting with the darker colors, since you can "lighten" them.


I used a masking technique on this card to leave a space open for the sentiment.  Be sure to follow me on Facebook so you don't miss any of my Tips on Tuesday. Floral Sentiments is a great set I need to use more often. Y'all know as the mother of boys I'm not big on floral stamp sets, but this set includes eight sentiments, a few that are less common than others.  This set reminds me of a special we had many years ago which featured flower building and endless opportunities for random stamped backgrounds, borders, and focused stamping. Here are some other cards using Floral Sentiments...


Have you ever participated in a challenge? Comment below!! The color challenge is open to anyone, and while CTMH colors are used for reference, you can use any brand as long as it's a close color match.




6 comments:

Alyson Mayo said...

Love the masked sentiment section - very effective! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

So glad you decided to use our color challenge... welcome to Color Dare. Love that you shared your technique and love the masking you did for your sentiment. Beautiful card, great choices of color and please come back for future fun color challenges, it's so easy to combine with a theme and/or sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Debi said...

This card screams Spring! Love the masking technique. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Cat Nowak said...

Love the way you masked the sentiment and the flowers! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!

Vandra said...

Great masking of those beautiful flowers. I'm so glad you shared with us at Colour Dare, hope you can join us again soon.

Aimee said...

Oh my goodness what a pretty card. I need to do this masking technique! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Dare ❤️